Just a disclaimer: I'm writing this without having studied a replay of the game, so any corrections, comments or contradictions will be welcome.
1. Thank God for poor decisions by Hartline. This game should have been much closer than it was, but fortunately some really boneheaded plays by UK's quarterback changed momentum and allowed us to put the game away.
2. From what I saw, we reallymiss Hightower. Cory Reamer had an "okay" game...6 tackles including a very nice stop behind the line. Cory's a gutty, intelligent player, who doesn't make mental mistakes or get himself out of position, but from a physical standpoint he looks a bit overmatched at times. In a nutshell, there's a huge difference between a 215 pound guy and a 260 pound guy when it comes to shedding blocks...and Cory was blocked often. This is also why I don't think Harris will necessarily be the answer, either.
3. I was quite disappointed that UK was able to put together a 14 play drive in the 4th quarter against our first team defense. To be honest, on the drives that Kentucky didn't shoot themselves in the foot via penalties or turnovers, it looked like they were able to move the ball very effectively against us...particularly with the run.
4. I realize that we were going against the wind in the first quarter, and Greg's errant throws were largely blamed on that by Coach Saban and the broadcasters. However, it looked to me like Greg was suffering from an acute case of "Brodieitis" instead. For those of you unfamiliar, it's a condition that causes the sufferer to compulsively launch 40 yard bombs when you only need 6 or 8 yards for the first down. Here's hoping this was the first and last time that Greg will be afflicted by this heartbreaking malady.
5. I'm as big a fan of Coach Saban as you're likely to meet, but I completely disagree with the pass to the end zone at the end of the game. Why make enemies and invite criticism when you don't have to?
Don't misunderstand me: I'm delighted with the win, and will be making my way out to celebrate within the hour....any road win in the SEC is a great win. I just think that the coaching staff will have several "teachable moments" this week, especially with a road trip to Ole Miss looming.