THIS (below) came from Kyle's excellent UGA blog, Dawgsports, and is an Ole Miss fan's detailed description of Rebel gameday traditions, NYC tailgating experiences, and why it must be miserable to be an Ole Miss fan (NYC is just an extra layer of hell thrown in for good measure).
11:00 AM – Field a couple of phone calls from friends discussing a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to):
- WHY the Rebels will win today
- HOW the Rebels will win today
- WHY/HOW the shirt I’m wearing will help the team
- What the weather looks like in Oxford (or the site of a road game)
- NOSTALGIA – If we were in Oxford right this minute, exactly where in the Grove would we be standing, what would we be drinking, what would we have eaten for breakfast, etc.
- WHY did Jonathan Nichols miss those two field goals against LSU in ‘03 because we totally would have won an SEC title that year and remember how the center accidentally tripped Eli during the snap on fourth down and how Chris Collins didn’t really step out of bounds on that touchdown pass that was called back AAAARRRGGHHH!
12:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Watch a game between two Big 10 teams that AREN’T Ohio State or Michigan (i.e. Purdue Vs. Wisconsin, Michigan State vs. Wisconsin, etc.) and swear on all that is holy that I already watched these exact teams play this exact game LAST WEEK at noon.
Just a snippet so that I don't rip his content off; go and read the whole thing. It is hilarious.