Here are a few things i would like to see next Saturday.
1. Defer the ball to the second half. Let our D, the strength of the team, start.
2. Involve Peek and Upchurch bigtime. I mean it. Bigtime.
3. GMAC does need to come out guns blazing, like the LSU game. Hopefully the pass will set up the run.
4. As much as I love me some Ingy...Alabama produces champions, not Heismans. Give the ball to Trent, often. He is the hot back right now. I dont care what anyone else says, we would have tripled our rush yrdge againt Aubie if we would have stuck with TR as the #1 back instead of forcing it to an injured Ingram. But who knew?
5. I know a lot of you are not "asthetically pleased" with the dink and dunk passing...but I want to see more of that, also. That will be a key factor for victory. Long, grinded out, time-consuming-keep-UF's-offense-off-the-feild drives.
6. Cody in EVERY 4th and 1 or 2 situation, no matter the feild position. We cannot afford to let them ever have the ball unless we have scored.
7. See #2....See 2nd name. ROY UPCHURCH.
I know how good UF is, but I still dont believe they are as good as last year. I know our style is not as beautiful as theirs, but as we all know, Bama almost always brings the competition to our level of football. Remember, Bama was leading in the fourth quarter against the unstoppable machine known as Florida last year...He whos name will not be mentioned somehow willed his team to victory...with the help of an intentional grounding no-call and SEVERAL holding no-calls...but whatever.
This year is different. Bama is a true 4 quarter team and very capable of overcoming adversity. He whom I will not mention will not be able to win in that fashion against us again without a supurb team effort.
I think Bama will win. And I will be the 1st to say it may not be as close as everyone thinks it will be. Although I do expect another nail-biting thriller. We will have to wait and see. Any other thoughts? Please spare the gloom and doom for the preview....haha.