The iPod clearly senses my growing excitement at the impending Sonic Youth show at Sloss, rewarding me all week long with nuggets of noise and capping this week's Random Ten with the most disturbingly sexy cover of I Wanna Be Your Dog ever.
Noisy, dirty, raunchy....this is why I had an unlikely crush on Kim Gordon as a 14 year old. Other unlikely objects of my youthful desire: Siouxsie Sioux and Chrissie Hynde. I was weird. Anyway, y'all know how to play. Put your iPod/Zune/whatever on shuffle and list the first ten songs that come up. No cheating to make yours look cooler, comer.
- Bill Monroe & His Bluegrass Boys - Shuckin' the Corn
- Santana - Oye Como Va
- The Vogues - My Special Angel
- Muddy Waters - I Want to Be Loved
- Merle Haggard - Peach Pickin' Time in Georgia
- Roger Miller - Husbands and Wives
- Led Zeppelin - The Girl I Love She Got Long Black Wavy Hair
- Johnny Cash - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- Eagles of Death Metal - The Ballad of Queen Bee and Baby Duck
- Sonic Youth - Freezer Burn/I Wanna Be Your Dog