I've been playing NCAA Football 11 very irregularly for the past couple of weeks so I finally finished the 2010 season in my first dynasty season yesterday and, as always, was very intrigued by the results of the season. I was not playing as Alabama, but the Tide still managed to run the table and beat a similarly undefeated Florida State team for the national title. Thankfully ALSO undefeated Rutgers(!) lost in their bowl game to avoid an Auburn 2004 situation. Some very interesting things came up over the course of the season and I'm interested to read about what has happened for other players.
- Alabama went 14-0, beating Florida in the SEC Championship Game and Florida State in the BCS Title game.
- It was a down year for the SEC overall, with only three teams (Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee) finishing in the final Top 25.
- Greg McElroy threw for over 3,700 yards and 30 TDs.
- Julio Jones was injured early, leading to 900+ yard seasons for Darius Hanks and Marquis Maze.
- Mark Ingram suffered a season-ending injury very early on, leading to...
- Trent Richardson rushing for more than 1,600 yards and becoming the fourth consecutive sophomore to win the Heisman trophy.