So it's obviously the off-season and most of us are going through the early stages of BAMA postpartum from another passing season. I've gotten to know more about the RBR faithful, had the pleasure to meet a few in person and even tried to play matchmaker, reality version, with a couple of flirty posters (by now all who follow RBR should know the two adorbale lovebirds I'm talking about).
What I would like to know is how you became a BAMA fan and what were some BAMA memories you will always look back to as the key "defining moments" that cemented your BAMA fandom forever.
I know some were literally born into BAMA fandom as a result of their proud parents, while some jumped on board later in life. So what's your story?
Mine is pretty simple: My parents were both fans, one of whom (my father) went to "The" University. Dad and I went to many games during the reign of the Bear and I became hooked like a crack addict with an unlimited budget.
- The long walks to the stadium and meeting everyone along the way
- The electricity in the air when Bama and the Bear took the field
- Dominating teams and indvidual performances that became Classic highlight reels for future Bama films
- The shutdown ability and acrobatic play of Jeremiah Castille
- The flying and soft-handed Joey Jones
- The '92 Defense and Nat'l Championship game against Miami
- Teague's miraculous strip
- Langham's pick six against FL in the SEC Championship
- The freakish ability of David Palmer
- The stand against Penn State
- The winning field goals of Van Tiffin and Peter Kim
- The dominating premier of Shaun Alexander (at LSU)
- The dream run of 2009 and another Nat'l title
- Javier's stellar returns
- Tebow's tears
- Ingram's running against SC in '09
- Rocky block
So why are you a BAMA fan and what are your fondest BAMA memories?