The NCAA has notified Ohio State that it will face a "failure to monitor" charge in addition to more allegations of rules violations by its troubled football program. Ohio State will strip itself of five total football scholarships over the next three years in response to the further alleged violations, the school announced Thursday. The Buckeyes, who were awaiting a ruling after appearing before the NCAA committee on infractions Aug. 12 for the tattoo-for-memorabilia scandal, received another notice of allegations from the NCAA on Nov. 3. Those allegations revolved around a Cleveland-area booster who provided extra benefits to players. ... [The Booster's] charity, called Cornerstone of Hope, was involved with a secondary violation involving a lack of paperwork in 2006. In its response, Ohio State said it told DiGeronimo to stop interacting with coaches, visiting athletic facilities and being around the program. However, the school still allowed athletes to work at DiGeronimo's company and attend his charity events -- though it said players were strongly encouraged to fill out the necessary paperwork to do so.And Boom goes the dynamite. A relatively minor charge in the grand scheme of things, but this is the first time the Ohio State program has been charged with either Failure to Monitor or Lack of Institutional Control. It's still entirely possible nothing will come of this, but the institutional penalties, which had previously seemed unlikely, are now back on the table.