Many thanks and Merry Christmas to the RBR editors and family. Another great year of content and posts.
Since we're sending lists to Santa, I wanted to go ahead and put mine in the mix - RBR style. Feel free to post your own.
1) Another BCS Championship - yes we lost to LSU in the regular season (which still hurts btw). So Santa could you make the following happen to ensure a victory?
a. Cade Foster channels Van Tiffin and learns to kick balls into the endzone and through the uprights, even from 40+ yards away.
b. Jim McElwain and AJ have the best night of their career, calling and executing the right plays at the right time.
c. Trent runs for 100+ yds while gaining more than 150+ yards of total offense.
d. The D plays like they have all season (excluding the game against GA Southern)
2. We hire the best OC EVAH!!!
3. The Meltdown threads continue their epic quality, causing me to LOL involuntarily. Unfortunately for the Longhorns, this translates to more losses for them bc their meltdowns are LEGENDARY.
4. Fitty (aka 5026) becomes less paranoid in his Auburn prediction next year, yet we still win.
5. Spock gets more furloughs and, as a result, is able to come to more Bama games (Jerry world?)
6. Bama has a strong season next year despite losing almost all of their defensive starters and OC - including mandatory wins against any teams wearing orange and Michigan (got to maintain the Big 10 beatdown streak)
7. Offensive dominance - AJ, the O-line, receivers and Eddie Lacey are able to carry the team to victory
8. SPECIAL TEAMS - PLEASE!! Santa I know this is a big request but it would ease my heart rate a bit if we could:
a. Kick it in the end zone and uprights on a more consistent basis.
b. Have long AND high punts pinning our opponents deep in their territory
c. Cover the kicks and punts for little/no return yardage
d. Knock the SNOT out of them AFTER they catch the ball, AND ONLY if they don't call for fair catch.
9. Another great recruiting class to keep us in the championship hunt
10. Good tidings of great cheer for everyone!
Have a Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year!