Some of the stuff below is from an old Fanshot I did in Feb. Anyway, with Football Season rapidly approaching, we need to get some final coordination worked out: 10 days til Football season. 12 Days till Alabama kicks off, and 47 days till Homecoming a/k/a The Bamapocalypse.
For those not on the Twit-o-sphere, there is some fantastic news that perhaps would be of interest to those seeking to interact/have a real-life meetup. (and, for those that are, check the #bamapocalypse tag).
It's happening. And it will be upon us sooner than you know.
A whole host of transcontinental lunatics will be descending upon Tuscaloosa/Birmingham on the weekend of Saturday, October 8, 2011 for an RBR/Bama Meet-n-Greet and Weekend that would give Bacchus a hangover..
This is the Vandy game, which means that not only will there be debauchery aplenty, the chances of a heartbreaking, mean-drunk-inducing loss is practically nil.
Thus, while we have a date, and plane tickets, and (for some people not named Stuck, our game tickets), we do not have the following:
- Meeting place: We will definitely be hooking up Bo at Egan's (seriously, tip the man well...baby needs a new pair of shoes). But, we do not have any pre-determined location on the Quad or other tailgating area. Local help/coordination in this area would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
- It seems that many of us will be chilling in B'ham on Thurs or Friday, I believe than Bamagirlinvegas, Queen and I (and likely many others), are flying into/staying in that port of call. Suggestions on boozeage, coordination of pickups, etc. are greatly welcome
- Comestibles: We gotta' get our grub on. Potluck? Catering? Good ole' fashioned 6:00 a.m. gametime drinking/cooking?
- Crash pads: Hopefully we'll have accomodations sorted out, but floor space for visitors who are too drunk to drive or need a corner by the litter box would be helpful
- Tickets: Some people will invariably need tickets. Got a hookup? A spare? A "guy"? Let us know.
- Ride Share/carpooling and/or Airport/Amtrack/Greyhound pickup. For those in the 'Ham, some carpooling would be awesome for people flying in.
- Other miscellaneous shit that I'm forgetting because I'm mentally spent. i.e., chime in with things that I've omitted.
So, please chime in below with ideas, suggestions, probabilities of attending, random gifts of panties and club drugs, a hearty "F' YOU", or whatever else you feel like contributing.
BTW: for the uninitiated, you can find us lurking on Twitter under various names. For instance, Stuck becomes "gothlaw". Also, I think we've just started using the hashtag as noted above. It seems to work, and it'll be easy to check when these "reply alls" start taking up way too many of the 140 characters.
Anyway, hope to see you all there. -E