vamp \vamp\ , verb:
1. To patch up; repair.
2. To give (something) a new appearance by adding a patch or piece.
3. To concoct or invent (often followed by up).
4. To furnish with a vamp, especially to repair (a shoe or boot) with a new vamp.
1. The portion of a shoe or boot upper that covers the instep and toes.
2. Something patched up or pieced together.
For all the good that sports blogger have done to influence the way we follow our favorite teams and sports, there will always be those who use the medium to vamp up rumors and speculation simply for page views.