Not a lot of explanation this week 'cause "week one and whatever," and also cause the up and down movement from my preseason ballot is inexplicably absent and who wants to flip back and forth between the two, but a few notes:
1. Yes, I moved Alabama to #1 ahead of USC because we murdered a BCS team and they murdered Hawaii. Look for this to flip back and forth throughout the season as each week's performance dictates.
2. Wisconsin was way overvalued at #5. Not entirely sure why I was so high on them, honestly, but that was stupid.
3. Florida State is too high. I know this. They are Florida State and they will wet the bed sooner or later and we'll all laugh and point and drop them probably further than they deserve just cause lol, but for this week whatever.
4. Kinda the same thing with Oklahoma State, but whatever.
6. Ohio gets the Mr. Irrelevant vote for spoiling the "Penn State courage" parade Saturday.
Overall, look for there to be some completely bipolar voting over the first three or four weeks as teams actually have to play real competition and/or get their acts together from underwhelming early season blunders.