No surprise here folks, our own beloved Tide has jumped up to #1 in the first blogpoll of the season with 81 first place votes. Pac-12 powers USC and Oregon and Oklahoma State (?) were the only other teams to grab first place votes. A few thoughts:
- Unlike the AP poll, the bloggers aren't nearly as high on the SEC. The AP has Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Arkansas, and South Carolina in it's Top Ten, while only Bama, LSU, and Georgia remain in the blogpoll. After watching the crapfest that was SC/Vandy Thursday night I'd say we got that one right. Also, Florida fell out entirely after underwhelming against Bowling Green. Of course someone did vote for Auburn, so, you know, bloggers amirite?!
- Michigan dropped all the way to #19, which is probably where they should have been all along anyway. :/
- Tennessee climbs in at #24, which isn't a bad place to put them after they put on a pretty good display against NC State. Probably should have included them on my ballot as well but the Vols are such an afterthought at this point that I honestly didn't even think about them until the point was raised in the comments. #sickburn
- Kinda glad Oklahoma State is at 15, though someone actually voted them #1, probably for some foolish "margin of victory/lol it's early in the season and we're raging against the system" reasons. I had them in my top ten, but wasn't happy about it. I have no idea what I'm doing...
- Oklahoma is still in the top ten, on the other hand, so not really sure the reasoning behind keeping them so highly ranked unless, unlike South Carolina, no one was actually watching.
- Louisville? Eh.