I make this every year for Kickoff Weekend and it is always, always, always a hit. This is my take on a very basic pimento cheese dip that has just sort of developed on it's own over the years.
- 4 oz sharp Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 oz Colby Jack cheese (grated)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 oz jar diced pimento
- 1/4 teaspoon Cheyenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Put all that stuff in a big bowl and mix!
- I mix mine by hand to preserve the texture of the grated cheese. If you'd like a smooth dip then just dump everything in an electric mixer on medium.
- Adjust Cheyenne pepper to taste. My recipe tends to be a bit mild but I do that on purpose because the kiddos don't like too much heat. I have also used Pepper Jack in place of Colby Jack, but you need the sharpness of the cheddar to balance the mildness of the cream cheese and mayo.
- If you don't like mayo you can leave it out and just use a little bit more cream cheese. I actually use a bit more mayo than this recipe calls for if I am serving with crackers to make it more spreadable.