Alright, folks. The time has come for the parade of the committed to officially bind themselves to the university. I originally had an opening paragraph that discussed how National Signing Day has become a bit of a predictable affair for Bama. In light of how historically good this class could be, though, voicing complaints (no matter how muted) just doesn't feel right.
Alabama currently has 23 verbal commitments and will likely sign 3-4 additional players when all is said and done. Here are a few notable announcements that we will be keeping our eyes on today:
Laremy Tunsil is scheduled to make his announcement at 8:35 a.m. CT live on ESPNU. Bama was thought to be in a tight race with Georgia for Tunsil until Ole Miss entered the conversation out of nowhere this past weekend and inexplicably jumped to the front of the pack and is now expected to land Tunsil's signature.
- Antonio (Tony) Conner is scheduled to make his announcement at 9:45 a.m. CT live on ESPNU. Tony is an elite safety prospect out of Mississippi that is universally regarded as one of the best in the country. He has faced a ton of pressure to play in state, but Saban and company have pressed hard to land him.
- Dee Liner is scheduled to make his announcement at 11 a.m. CT live on ESPNU. Liner is a consensus four star recruit and is considered one of the elite DTs in this class. He also has the distinction of being the best named recruit in the country this year. Liner is technically choosing between the Tide, Miami, and Auburn, but it seems to be a foregone conclusion among most that Bama will be the team to land his signature.
- A'Shawn Robinson will sign his LOI at 12 p.m. CT. Robinson is a 5 star OT out of Fort Worth, Texas that was a long-time commitment for the Longhorns. Saban made a strong push down the stretch for the star OT, personally taking a trip to Texas last week. Reports surfaced Saturday that Robinson informed Texas at an in-home visit that the Tide would get his signature. It looks like Bama will steal one of the best players in Texas and one of the best OTs in the country right out from under Mack's nose.
- Alvin Kamara is scheduled to make his announcement at 2:35 p.m. CT live on ESPNU. Kamara is a RB prospect out of Georgia that will be choosing between Bama and UGA. Bama seems to have a good chance to get the nod, but the absurd depth at RB can't be helping us with this one.
- Eddie Vanderdoes - One of the biggest prizes of the day will also have one of the longest waits. Eddie will announce his decision at 5 p.m. PST (7 p.m CT). Vanderdoes is an elite DT that has the size (6'3" 310 lbs) and skill to make an immediate impact wherever he ends up. Eddie is officially considering USC, Notre Dame, UCLA, Washington, and Bama, though USC is thought to have been eliminated from consideration. Eddie visited the Capstone over the weekend, and by his own account, the trip went swimmingly. Hard not to feel pretty good about this one given how glowingly he has spoken of Bama, but the great distance from his hometown is enough to make this a 50-50 proposition at best.
Remember to check out SBN's Recruiting homepage throughout the day for up-to-date news on the national headlines related to National Signing Day.
The list of signed LOIs received is below and will be updated here throughout the day as they are received, but you can watch live as the Letter of Intents roll in here: (Streaming video -- or -- Web app).
Signed Letters of Intent Received in Tuscaloosa
Cooper Bateman (Early Enrollment)
Leon Brown (Early Enrollment)
Raheem Falkins (Early Enrollment)
Derrick Henry (Early Enrollment)
Brandon Hill (Early Enrollment)
O.J. Howard (Early Enrollment)
Parker McLeod (Early Enrollment)
Received Letters of Intent as of 9:40 CT