This has been a glorious week! First, I got a call from my daughter, fresh from a visit to her doctor, telling me that the baby she's carrying is a boy!.And then yesterday I find out that the Barn is aflame once again!
Now, I just have to convince my daughter to name him Nick...
Let's celebrate with music!
1. Beach Boys-God Only Knows-Greatest Hits
2. Explosions In The Sky-Postcard From 1952-Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
3. Fiona Apple-Shadowboxer-Tidal
4. Robert Plant-Angel Dance-Band Of Joy
5. Ray Charles-Smack Dab In The Middle-Genius And Soul
6. David Bowie-Dirty Boys-The Next Day
7. Warren Zevon-Raspberry Beret-I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
8. The Who-Behind Blue Eyes-Greatest Hits
9. The Rolling Stones-Tumbling Dice-Forty Licks
10. Sting-Fields Of Gold-Very Best Of
And Bonus Track 11. Frank Sinatra-Glad To Be Unhappy-In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning
BTW, that Stones track reminds me that they're showing a great concert of Mick and the boys on Palladia this week from 1978. It was from the Some Girls tour, shot in Texas, and it shows them at their peak. Never been a huge Stones fan, but that was a fantastic show. They acted like they still cared, not just going through the motions. Catch it if you can!