Today is a bittersweet day at Casa de Peabody. I took one of my dogs to the Vet this week, and turns out she's not doing well. The Vet says her kidneys might be shutting down.
Obviously, this is not a good thing. The family has to decide in the next few days what course of action we want to pursue: if no improvement in the next 24 hrs, end her suffering, or bringing her home for a few days to give her a fighting chance.
These things are so difficult. We have already had 3 pets put down over the last 12 years, and let me tell you: It doesn't get any easier. This dog is such a sweetie, but she's 10 yrs old and a very large dog, a Weimaraner. She weighed over 100 lbs at her peak, but is now down to 83 lbs.
I know it's inevitable, but I want to bring her home for a few days, just to say goodbye. She deserves that.
Sorry for the downer. I'm just a softie when it comes to my dogs.
1. Van Morrison-Into The Mystic-Still On Top
2. Deep Purple-Ramshackle Man-The Battle Rages On
3. Robert Plant-Dancing In Heaven-Greatest Hits
4. Johnny Cash-Redemption Day-American VI:Ain't No Grave
5. Waylon Jennings-Only Daddy That'll Walk The Line-Greatest Hits
6. Steve Earle- I Love You Too Much(Live in Raleigh, North Carolina)Copperhead Road(Deluxe Edition)
7. Faces-Stay With Me-A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse
8.Steely Dan-Babylon Sisters-Best Of
9. Dire Straits-Communique-Communique
10. Paul Simon-Love And Hard Times-So Beautiful Or So What
And Bonus Track 11. Glen Campbell-Honey, Come Back- Best Of