Yep, as the title suggests, today Bob Dylan turns 72 years old. He is unquestionably one of the greatest songwriters of our time.
Now, I know some folks can't hardly stomach listening to him sing. I know, because I once was one of you. It wasn't until I was in my early 40's that I began to appreciate the wit and nuance in most of his music. Once I got hooked, though, I ended up collecting all of his works. Some of it I still don't like, but the vast majority is something I can't imagine being without.
All I know is the world of music would be a whole lot poorer without the contributions of Bob Dylan.
Now, here's my Bob Dylan Random Ten.
1. Shake Shake Mama-Together Through Life
2. Ugliest Girl In The World-Down In The Groove
3. Under Your Spell-Knocked Out Loaded
5. What Was It You Wanted-Oh Mercy
6. When You Gonna Wake Up-Slow Train Coming
7. High Water(For Charley Patton)-The Bootleg Series, Vol. 8 Tell-Tale Signs-Rare And Unreleased
8. Queen Jane Approximately-Highway 61 Revisited
9. Drifter's Escape-John Wesley Harding
10. I Shall Be Free No.10-Another Side Of Bob Dylan
And Bonus Track 11. Never Say Goodbye-Planet Waves