Saturday marked the second preseason scrimmage for the Crimson Tide. Below is a partial list of stats:
AJ McCarron: 15-30, 152 yards, 1 TD
Blake Sims: 3 interceptions (this was not an officially released stat but Saban mentioned it in his press conference)
Dee Hart: 7-42
T.J. Yeldon: 5-39
Christion Jones: 4-37
Kevin Norwood: 3-36
DeAndrew White: 2-33
Adrian Hubbard: 7 tackles, 3 sacks
John Fulton: 6 tackles, tackle for loss
C.J. Mosley: 5 tackles, sack, fumble recovery
Landon Collins: 5 tackles
Ed Stinson – 4 tackles, 1.5 sacks
Vinnie Sunseri – 4 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 PBU
Passing Touchdowns (3): AJ McCarron – 1 (4 yards to O.J. Howard); Blake Sims – 1 (6 yards); Cooper Bateman – 1 (33 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (3): Derrick Henry – 1 (2 yards); Tyren Jones – 1 (20 yards); Kenyan Drake – 1 (9 yards)
Cody Mandell – 8 punts, 334 yards, 41.8 avg., Long 52
- Jeoffrey Pagan (shoulder) didn't participate in today's scrimmage. He should be back for the next practice on Tuesday.
- Brandon Ivory twisted a knee in today's scrimmage and will be re-evaluated on Sunday.
- Deion Belue (hamstring) and Amari Cooper (strained foot) were in a black non-contact jerseys and did not participate. Cooper should be able to practice on Tuesday.
- Brandon Greene donned number 89 as he worked out at tight end. LaMichael Fanning who had practiced at tight end was back with the defense.
- Many close friends, families, boosters and some recruits were in attendance but no media. Some special guests included the nation's #1 running back recruit Leonard Fournette and the nation's #1 O-lineman Cameron Robinson (wearing an Alabama shirt!). Bama is in a tight recruiting battle with LSU over their signatures. Four-star wide receiver Cameron Sims was also expected in Tuscaloosa this weekend.
- After rain chased the team indoors on Friday, today's weather was more cooperative in the upper 70s and mostly cloudy.
- Squeal Day (do they still call it that?) was also going on today.
The next practice will be on Tuesday. Alabama has 10 more practices before the season opener in Atlanta against Virginia Tech.
* Updated stats in italics.