Alabama vs. Virginia Tech
5:30 PM ET / 4:30 PM CT / 3:30 PM UtahBammer Time / 2:30 PM Bix Time
August 31, 2013
Georgia Dome, ATLANTA, GA
A GAME DAY CHECKLIST:
- Get your Bama gear on.
- Ice cold liquids of your choice. I prefer cerveza of the IPA variety.
- Whip up the tasty vittles of your choice.
- Crank up Eli Gold: WJOX 690/94.5 in Birmingham. 92.9 in Atlanta.
- Don't forget any gameday rituals or superstitions. I can't tell you mine. They wouldn't work if I did.
- Let your hair down. This is the one time on RBR when you can let your Gump flag fly. Get as crazy as you want. All we ask is that you NOT post images on the game thread. We ask this because the thread can get bogged down in a big hurry.
- ROLL TIDE!
I, your roving reporter, have finagled my way into the Press Box of the Georgia Dome for the game and will be reporting back to this thread. I can hopefully inform you all on stats, injury updates, official rulings, etc. If you have any questions, I will do my best to find the answers.
A FEW FACTS & THANGS:
* You may not know it but the winner of this game gets this trophy:
* The one and only Julio Jones is supposed to be in the house. I hope to ask him a few questions.
* Coach Nick Saban is a big fan of these kickoff games and they love him. Alabama participated in the first two Chick-fil-A Kickoff games (34-10 over #9 Clemson in 2008, 34-24 over #7 VaTech in 2009) and the Cowboys Classic last year (41-14 over #8 Michigan). Alabama will be back in Atlanta next season to take on West Virginia. They return to Texas in 2015 to face the Wisconsin Badgers.