You may not believe it but recruiting for 2015 has been in full swing since early December of 2013. Yes, there were a few things to take care of in the Class of 2014 but the main focus has been on the future.
Alabama held it's first Junior Day just before National Signing Day in February. Most of that weekend was focused on in-state prospects. Junior Day #2 was held this weekend with players coming from across the country.
The Crimson Tide had an impressive array of rising senior and rising junior football blue-chippers descend on Tuscaloosa this weekend to tour the campus and facilities, and meet the coaching staff.
Here is what is #Trending:
The nation's No. 1 player for 2015, DT Trent Thompson from Albany, GA:
Bama Bama on my mind— Westover_JollyJolly (@BigTrent_78) February 28, 2014
Byron Cowart, (Seffner, FL) 6-4, 250 defensive end, Rivals #3 player in the nation:
COMMITTED TO BAMA:
- Mekhi Brown DE (6-6/230) Carver (Columbus, GA) (Early Graduate) Committed 4/6/2013
Deionte Thompson S (6-2/181) West Orange-Stark (Orange, TX) (Early Graduate) Committed 2/23/2013
- Dallas Warmack (pictured below) OG (6-2/290) Mays (Atlanta, GA) Committed 7/22/2013
- Desherrius Flowers RB (6-1/212) Vigor (Mobile, AL) Committed 4/15/2013
Jonathan Ledbetter DE (6-5/265) Tucker (Tucker, GA) Committed 1/25/2014
- Lester Cotton OG (6-5/309) Central (Tuscaloosa, AL) Committed 2/1/2014
- Daylon Charlot WR (6-0/177) Patterson (Patterson, LA) Committed 2/1/2014
Practically every forecast 5-star for the 2015 class has at least some interest in the Alabama Crimson Tide.
If you are a fan of Mel Brooks, you have probably seen his 1981 movie "History of the World, Part I" (if you are not familiar with this comedic genius, get your backside over to Netflix). This movie produced a great one-liner which is most apt for the realm that King Nick has built in the Capstone Kingdom: