- Alabama gymnast Ashley Miles is one of five finalists for the Collegiate Woman Athlete of the Year. Burnt Orange Nation favorite Cat Osterman is one of the other four finalists.
- I've posted my review of Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium over at the Ultimate Football Project.
- Alabama was robbed in Scout.com's Tournament of Champions. Despite Alabama gaining over 400 yards of total offense and only surrendering about 260 yards, the Danny Wuerffel led Florida '96 team defeated Alabama '92 by a score of 24-22. I seriously have to question the design of software that thinks Alabama's '92 defense would've given up TD plays of 47, 48, and 79 yards. I smell a fix.
- Alabama linebacker Juwan Simpson's marijuana possession charge was dismissed when he agreed to enter a pre-trial drug program.
- Alabama has landed a verbal commitment from QB Robert Marve of Tampa, FL. Marve had other offers from NC State, USF, Duke and Mississippi State.
- Basketball is a long way off, but Alabama is ranked #14 in a preseason Top 25 by ESPN's Andy Katz. I'm actually really excited about the prospects for success for this year's team. We are returning a lot of talent. (HT: A Sea of Blue)
Ronald Steele: freethrow ninja
- Jeremy Piven livens things up at Wrigley Field just before singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I've watched this video about five times and I'm still laughing every time I see it. The look on the guy's face that's wearing the "W" t-shirt is priceless. (HT: Burnt Orange Nation):
- When I was a kid, I collected baseball cards like many of my peers. I always remember being really hacked off when you'd rip into a pack of cards only to be rewarded with complete and utter crap. Baseball Card Blog explores The Worst Pack Ever. (HT: my brother)