Fall practice began yesterday and the journalists of America are busy churning out stories on the Crimson Tide. But before we begin linking up a storm, let's all revisit the most practice-laden two minutes and twenty-two seconds in the history of television:
- Here is the official recap from RollTide.com. Don't forget to visit the photo gallery. Oh yeah, there's an open scrimmage on Monday. Hopefully they will allow cameras.
- The Honolulu Advertiser delivers another quality article about Alabama. Kudos to that paper for digging deep in their coverage of Alabama. Today's story, Quarterbacking Tide Was His Destiny, is obviously about John Parker Wilson.
- Heat, Hugs for Hall finds The Huntsville Times talking about the return of DJ Hall to Tuscaloosa and how the heat was kicking his butt yesterday. The heat index on the field was 108 during yesterday's practice.
- The Birmingham News calls Alabama The Enigma of the SEC and touches on the myriad of unanswered questions about the 2006 Crimson Tide.
- The South Mississippi Sun Herald also ponders the unknowns about Alabama in Tide's Sea of Change.
- The Tide receivers are the focus of a Montgomery Advertiser story: A Presence at Practice: Receivers Hall, Prothro Give Crimson Tide a Lift on Day 1. Amazingly, Tyrone Prothro did a little bit of work at yesterday's practice even though he is still wearing a protective boot.
- The Memphis Commercial Appeal focuses in on star running back Kenneth Darby: Darby a Believer in Alabama Offense.
- Practice Heats Up for Crimson Tide (Decatur Daily)
Those are the Bama related links for the day. Hope you enjoy them. Today is my last day of class for the summer semester. Beginning tomorrow, I will have a deluge of new material for you.