1. Florida - FAU isn't that bad of a team, so I wasn't particularly shocked by the early struggles from the Gators. I'm keeping them at number one, since apparently that's my claim to fame these days.
2. LSU- The Bayou Bengals put together a good game against a routinely pesky Ole Miss, and they now have back to back fairly comfortable wins after letting teams force them into fourth quarter rally mode that they shouldn't have.
3. Georgia- They destroyed both Florida and Auburn, and showed great resolve in coming from behind and clamping down on a good Kentucky team. Now all they have to do is pull damn hard for Kentucky to beat Tennessee.
4. Tennessee- Speaking of, they erased a 16 point fourth quarter deficit to top Vandy. Normally I'd say "they shouldn't have been in that position to start with," but the way this season has been the mere fact that they fought hard and gutted out a win says something.
5. Arkansas- Put it to a pretty good Mississippi State defense without Felix Jones and with all the "Nutt won't be returning for '08" drama in the background.
6. Auburn- Bye week, so they get plopped here in the middle.
7. South Carolina- Ditto.
8. Kentucky- They were a great story there at the start of the season, but they've come crashing back to Earth. A season ending win over UT would go a long way towards keeping the 'Cats in peoples minds as a good football team and not just a two season fluke under a good QB.
9. Vandy- One missed field goal away from bowl eligibility...
10. Mississippi State- Were never in it against the Hogs.
11. Ole Miss- Continue to show a little fight, but just aren't deep and talented enough to really contend with the big guys for more than a quarter.
12. Alabama- We suck.