1. Alabama (+3) - idle
I'm almost in agreement that we should still be #2 after being idle this week, but I'm going to drop a little shameless homerism for the first time this season and bump us up to #1 instead of leaping Texas ahead since the only thing we did wrong this week was not play.
2. Texas (+3) - vs Oklahoma - W 45-35
3. Penn State (+4) - at Wisconsin - W 48-7
The Nittany Lions continue to be very impressive on both sides of the ball this year (and on special teams), so unless they do something to choke it away, the Big Ten should be theirs.
4. Texas Tech (+2) - vs Nebraska - W 37-31 (OT)
5. Florida (+3) - vs LSU - W 51-21
Just dog whipped LSU. The first time so far this season that they've really looked like what their talent says they should week in and week out.
6. Georgia (+4) - vs Tennessee - W 26-14
7. Southern Cal (+2) - vs Arizona State - W 28-0
8. Utah (+4) - at Wyoming - W 40-7
BYU is maybe looking like the better team so far, but after a 40-7 whipping (compared to the Cougars 21-3 win over the Lobos), I'm giving them the big jump into the top ten after everyone else fell out.
9. Oklahoma (-8) - vs Texas - L 35-45
10. Oklahoma State (+5) - at Missouri - W 28-23
Finally beat a quality team (in a relatively low scoring affair, weirdly enough), so welcome to the top ten.
11. BYU - vs New Mexico - W 21-3
12. LSU (-10) - at Florida - L 21-51
Their defense allowed Mississippi State it's highest point total against a 1A team this season, and let Auburn's offense look both competent and functional against it. Why in the world did I think it was so stout?
13. Mizzou (-10) - vs Oklahoma State - L 23-28
14. Boise State - at Southern Miss - W 24-7
15. Ohio State (+1) - vs Purdue - W 16-3
16. Michigan State (+1) - at Northwestern - W 37-20
17. Kansas (+1) - vs Colorado - W 30-14
18. North Carolina (+2) - vs Notre Dame - W 29-24
19. Ball State - at Western Kentucky - W 24-7
20. UConn (+1) - idle
21. Va. Tech (+1) - idle
22. Wake Forest (+1) - vs Clemson - W 12-7
23. Tulsa (+1) - at SMU - W 37-31
24. Cincinnati (+2) - vs Rutgers - W 13-10
Honestly, I don't think the Bearcats should be ranked but damned if I can't think of anyone else that does either at this point...
25. Western Michigan (+1) - at Buffalo - W 34-28 (OT)
Ditto the Broncos, but they are 6-1 and bowl eligible before Halloween, so if that doesn't deserve a Mr. Irrelevant vote then I don't know what does.