Y'all know how to play by now, but if you don't, here's how we do this. Put your iPod/Zune/Whatever on shuffle and list the first ten songs that come up. No cheating to make yours look cooler.
- Pavement - Our Singer
- Gin Blossoms - Highwire
- Emmylou Harris - Together Again
- Muddy Waters - Baby Please Don't Go
- The Jayhawks - Big Star
- Band of Horses - Window Blues
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimme Back My Bullets
- Hank Williams - Weary Blues from Waitin'
- Thelonius Monk Quarter with John Coltrane - Ruby My Dear
- Lucero - My Best Girl
I have never been more tempted to cheat on a random ten than I am today. This is so close to being the awesomest random ten I've done yet; there's indie cred of both the vintage and modern varities, there's Hank Williams and Muddy Waters, there's Skynyrd, there's even some top shelf jazz in there. And then, there's the Gin Blossoms. Song #11? Johnny Cash, Rock Island Line. See?! It isn't fair! Curse you Gin Blossoms! Curse you and your catchy pop melodies!
|...not the song in question, but still catchy as all hell....|