Since the iPod started us off right with a little Chuck Berry, I thought I'd post this clip from the amazing Hail! Hail! Rock N' Roll documentary of him performing Carol with Keith Richards and just generally being kind of a pain in the ass about the "right" way to play the opening lick. If you haven't seen that movie, you have to rent it this weekend if only for the hilarious and constant bickereing between Berry and Richards and the incredible "my, Keef is looking a healthy shade of blue today, isn't he?" drunken moment after the concert where Richards details how proud he is that Berry once punched him in the face and he didn't fall down. Just an amazingly revelatory documentary. I think I'm going to Best Buy tonight to pick up a copy....
1. Chuck Berry - Carol
2. Pat Green - Threadbare Gypsy Soul
3. John Hartford - Because of You
4. George Strait - You Look So Good in Love
5. Neko Case - Look For Me (I'll Be Around)
6. The Stanley Brothers - Orange Blossom Special
7. Miles Davis - Dr. Jackle
8. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - As Sure as the Sun
9. The Cure - Same Deep Water as You
10. Diana Krall - If I Had You
Update [2008-5-2 9:52:5 by Nico]:
Anybody else going to see Radiohead in Atlanta next week? Here's one from them and one from opening act, Liars.
Radiohead - "Bodysnatchers"
Liars - "Plaster Casts of Everything"