Everything stayed the same at the top but I did a little tinkering in the bottom half so, explanations and such:
- I dropped Michigan State down to #22 from #17. I think Dantonio is a good coach and they'll be playing fundamentally sound football with an eye towards defense once again, but without Hoyer and Ringer I don't see much improvement from last year (though I also don't see regression).
- With the Spartans falling, that made way for North Carolina to raise up a spot to #17 from #18. Take your shirt off.
- Iowa is up to #18 from #22. They're a better overall team than Michigan State so I pretty much just flopped them in my rankings.
- Georgia bumps up to #20 from #24. They'll have a solid offensive line and Joe Cox has some experience, so it will be another quietly solid season for them.
- I decided to drop UCLA out completely (though I do think they will improve enough to get to a bowl game this year, 8 wins is about as far as they can go and that's not really ranked worthy at this point) and include West Virginia. Someone has to win the Big East, right?
- UAB stays put at #25 until they lose a game. Go Blazers.