wassail \WAH-sul; wah-SAYL\ , noun;
1. An expression of good wishes on a festive occasion, especially in drinking to someone.
2. An occasion on which such good wishes are expressed in drinking; a drinking bout; a carouse.
3. The liquor used for a wassail; especially, a beverage formerly much used in England at Christmas and other festivals, made of ale (or wine) flavored with spices, sugar, toast, roasted apples, etc.
1. Of or pertaining to wassail, or to a wassail; convivial; as, a wassail bowl.
1. To drink to the health of; a toast.
1. To drink a wassail.
Be sure and join us at Egan's tomorrow, where there will no doubt be many a wassail offered for and to official RBR bar keep Bo.