Consider me one of those people who feel pre-season polls are useless and shouldn't be used for ranking purposes. How can you be #1 if you haven't played a game yet? I know we all hate the BCS but if they got one thing right it was waiting till mid October to release the first set of rankings.
That said, we are still 30 days away from the start of '13 season and debating who the top 25 teams should be, based on no real facts and only blind loyalty, is what early August is made for.
|2||Ohio St. (3)||12-0||1427||NR|
|6||Texas A&M (1)||11-2||1215||5|
|Schools Dropped Out|
|No. 11 Kansas State (11-2), No. 17 Utah State (11-2), No. 20 Vanderbilt (9-4), No. 21 San Jose State (11-2), No. 22 Cincinnati (10-3), No. 24 Northern Illinois (12-2), No. 25 Tulsa (11-3).|
|Others Receiving Votes|
|Kansas State (11-2) 113; Miami (Fla.) 101; Michigan State 89; Baylor 80; Virginia Tech 65; Fresno State 62; Arizona State 51; Mississippi 32; Vanderbilt (9-4) 29; Utah State (11-2) 23; Brigham Young 20; North Carolina 19; Northern Illinois (12-2) 19; Tulsa (11-3) 9; Ohio 8; San Jose State (11-2) 8; Arizona 5; Cincinnati (10-3) 3; East Carolina 3; Kent State 3; Mississippi State 3; Washington 3; Central Florida 2; Arkansas 1; Arkansas State 1; Rutgers 1; Tennessee 1; Toledo 1.|
Few Quick Observations:
- LSU seems low at 13. I know they are rebuilding the defense but again, outside of Bama, who has out-recruited them over the last 5 years? UGA is replacing more on defense, yet they remain at 5..
- Same goes with FSU at 12. They are rebuilding their D-line and have a new QB but I expect them to finish well inside the top-10 by seasons end #ACC'd. Clemson will do Clemson things and lose 2-3.
- USC at 24 seems like a pity vote..
- Stop me if you've heard this before..Five SEC teams in the top 10? .
- USCe is getting a ton of love, but I just don't see it. That's a three loss team, IMO.