Tonight, Derrick Henry goes for a sweep of the major individual awards, where he, Christian McCaffrey and Deshaun Watson will vie for the Heisman trophy.
Rather than doing another stale write-up, let's have some fun with this quiz. Provide your answers below, and no cheating -- you're on your honor. Answer as many or as few as you want.
I'll post the answers at 4:00 Central Standard.
- In the Saban era, Alabama has produced how many Heisman finalists? Not counting 2015, name the finalists and their order of finish.
- Mark Ingram, Jr. was Alabama's only Heisman recipient to-date. Before Ingram, which Alabama player had the best finish, and in what year?
- Alabama has produced fourteen Heisman semifinalists. Of these only one has won the award and only one has been a runner-up. Name the runner-up and the year.
- Who was the first Alabama Heisman finalist?
- Only one Alabama player has been a two-time finalist. Can you guess who that is?
- Since 1990, only six running backs have won the Heisman. Name them.
- What school/s has had the most runners-up in the Heisman trophy?
- Who won the closest Heisman trophy balloting?
- Who won the Heisman with the biggest margin of victory?
- What school/s has produced the most finalists without winning a Heisman?
- What player is the only person to have a vacated Heisman trophy?
- What school has produced the most QB Heisman finalists?
- What school has produced the most Heisman-winning running backs?
- What's the highest a non-offensive player has ever finished in the Heisman, and name him.
- What NFL team/s have drafted the most Heisman winners?
- The Dallas Cowboys have only drafted three Heisman trophy winners, but they were legendary. Name them.
- Four Heisman winners have been Super Bowl MVPs. Can you name them?
- Nine Heisman winners have been inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. How many can you name?
- Since 1950, the SEC (including expansion programs) has produced how many Heisman winners? How many can you name?