All the sideshows and auditions are over. The Wonderlic scores are in and the NFL war rooms are heating up. Many NFL teams have zeroed in on who they would like to pick in the upcoming NFL Draft.
From many of the major sports outlets, we have culled the 2015 Consensus Amari Cooper and safety Landon Collins.of Alabama wide receiver
|Mocker||Amari Cooper||Landon Collins|
|Bucky Brooks, NFL.com||7||29|
|Lance Zierlein, NFL.com||10||20|
|Charles Davis, NFL.com||4||16|
|Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com||4||22|
|Charley Casserly, NFL.com||16||16|
|Brian Baldinger, NFL.com||11||11|
|Todd McShay, ESPN||3||20|
|Mel Kiper, Jr., ESPN||10||22|
|Rob Rang, CBS||4||9|
|Dane Brugler, CBS||4||-|
|Pete Prisco, CBS||7||11|
|Will Brinson, CBS||7||20|
|Josh Norris, rotoworld.com (NBC)||6||23|
|, USA TODAY||4||20|
|Steven Ruiz USA TODAY||7||11|
|Michael Middlehurst-Schwartz, USA TODAY||7||14|
|Eric Galko, Sporting News||4||31|
|Don Banks, SI.com||7||20|
|Shaun King, Yahoo Sports||4||11|
|Eric Edholm, Shutdown Corner (Yahoo)||10||21|
MEAN, MEDIAN, MODE
Mean: Cooper averages 6.8, Collins 17.75
Median: The middle value for Cooper is 7, Collins 20
Mode: The most telling stat is the factor that occurs the most.
- Seven mockers have Cooper going fourth overall to the Oakland Raiders. Six others say it will be the Chicago Bears at #7. Three observers think he falls to the St. Louis Rams at #10.
- The wonks are a little more divergent about Collins. According to five mockers, the most likely place for him to land is with the Philadelphia Eagles at the 20th pick. Four onlookers say he goes eleventh to the Minnesota Vikings. The rest are all over the place.
- The highest pick for each former Bama player is #3 Jacksonville for Cooper by Todd McShay of ESPN and #9 New York Giants for Collins by Rob Rang of CBS.
- That is not a typo. Dane Brugler of CBS does not have Collins going in the first round. Charley Casserly of NFL.com believes Cooper falls to the Houston Texans at the 16 spot.
- Despite his Cooper choice, Casserly does predict that running back T.J. Yeldon will be selected by the New England Patriots with the last pick of the first round at 32.
- Almost none of these mocks go into the second round but Dane Brugler of CBS went there. He tabs Yeldon as a Cowboy with the 60th pick.
The Crimson Tide could see as many as 13 players selected in this year's draft. Joining Cooper, Collins, and Yeldon are, , , , , , , , , and .