Can you feel it? Yes, I know it is 99 degrees and 100% humidity outside but football is in the air. It all begins on Monday with the SEC Media Days from the Hyatt Regency Birmingham/The Wynfrey Hotel in beautiful downtown Hoover, Alabama.
In past years of Media Days, the Crimson Tide was held until the final day. However, this year the Alabama delegation will be up on the Wednesday morning session. Nick Saban has selected an excellent group of team representatives in seniors Reggie Ragland,, and .
The SEC Network will begin live broadcasts on Monday from 11:30am until 4:30pm CT and continue their daily coverage from 6am to 3pm CT.
2015 SEC FOOTBALL MEDIA DAYS SCHEDULE
MONDAY, JULY 13
11:30am - 2:20pm
• COMMISSIONER GREG SANKEY
• AUBURN (Coach Gus Malzahn/ / / )
2:30pm - 5:30pm
• FLORIDA (Coach Jim McElwain/Jonathan Bullard/ /Vernon Hargreaves III)
• VANDERBILT (Coach Derek Mason/Ralph Webb/Nigel Bowden/ )
TUESDAY, JULY 14
9am - 12:20pm
• SOUTH CAROLINA (Coach Steve Spurrier/Elliott Fry/Pharoh Cooper/Skai Moore)
• TEXAS A&M (Coach Kevin Sumlin/Mike Matthews/Germain Ifedi/Julien Obioha)
12:45pm - 1pm - SEC Network Announcement (Main Media Room)
1pm - 4 pm
• MISSISSIPPI STATE (Coach Dan Mullen/ / / )
• TENNESSEE (Coach Butch Jones/Joshua Dobbs/ /Cameron Sutton)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15
9am - 12:00pm
• ALABAMA (Coach Nick Saban/ / / )
• KENTUCKY (Coach Mark Stoops/Melvin Lewis/Jordan Swindle/A.J. Stamps)
1pm - 4 pm
• MISSOURI (Coach Gary Pinkel/Kenya Dennis/Maty Mauk/Evan Boehm)
• ARKANSAS (Coach Bret Bielema/ / / )
THURSDAY, JULY 16
9am - 1:30pm
• GEORGIA (Coach Mark Richt/ /John Theus/ )
• OLE MISS (Coach Hugh Freeze/Evan Engram/Mike Hilton/ )
• LSU (Coach Les Miles/Leonard Fournette/ /Kendell Beckwith)
NOTES & PREDICTIONS:
Must See TV: Without a doubt, it's Alabama's Wednesday AM arrival with the crazy devotees who have taken to dressing up in tow.
Must See TV, 2nd Place: Watching Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze squirm and dodge questions regarding the investigation into allegations made about Laremy Tunsil. Will he "no comment" the press? Will get all huffy? Will shed any light?
Best non-Alabama session: Thursday 9am-1:30pm UGA's Richt, Ole Miss' Freeze, and LSU's "Mad Hatter" Les Miles
Tough act to follow: Kentucky coach Mark Stoops and his blue man group draw the unenviable task of trying to get folks excited about Wildcats football after Saban finishes his presentation Wednesday morning.
QBs wanted: Only five teams are bringing quarterbacks as a representative (Dak, Dobbs, Mauk, Allen of Arky, and Aubie savior Jeremy Johnson).
Just plain "Huh?": McElwain is bringing rising true sophomore RB/WR Brandon Powell who ran for 70 yards on 16 carries and caught 15 balls for 147 yards last season.
Most unexpected choices of player reps: Traditionally, coaches bring upperclassmen, mostly seniors, to Media Days. Three head men have decided to bring sophomore running backs: the aforementioned Powell, Leonard Fournette of LSU, and Vanderbilt's Ralph Webb.
Jus' don' care anymore: Ol' Ball Coach Spurrier is bringing his junior placekicker. On a side note, there has been some speculation that the visored one might hang it up after this season. I can't imagine the 70-year old would make an announcement this week but keep an eye on his demeanor and usual friskiness.
Easiest prediction: Nick Saban would rather be watching game film.