ESPN says their FPI rankings are updated daily, but Bama's numbers haven't moved since I posted ESPN FPI Projects Two Losses on August 5. Until today. And HOO BOY!
Alabama has dropped from #2 to #7, making LSU the top-rated SEC team in the list. Here are where the SEC teams now stand:
What happened in the last two weeks that caused us to lose so much ground? And why is LSU now considered the best team in the league?
Our odds of winning each game took a deep dive as well:
- Wisconsin: down 2.5% to 80.0%
- MTSU: up 0.8% to 96.5%
- Ole Miss: down 3.6% to 60.4%
- ULM: down 0.8% to 98.1%
- Georgia: down 13.4% to 33.2%
- Arkansas: down 2.1% to 62.9%
- Texas A&M: down 14.1% to 34.2%
- Tennessee: down 9.1% to 59.0%
- LSU: down 10.3% to 49.0%
- Mississippi State: down 1.2% to 71.1%
- Charleston Southern: down 0.2% to 99.7%
- Auburn: down 3.2% to 55.0%
Our odds of winning each game are down except one--MTSU. The odds of beating Georgia, Texas A&M and LSU plummeted; now LSU is more likely to be an L than a W.
FPI now predicts Alabama will go 8-4 and gives us just a 5.2% chance of winning the SEC. Georgia, LSU, A&M, Tennessee and Ole Miss are all more likely to win it than Bama.