Just a few notes from reviewing all 61 voters' preseason Top 25 ballots:
Ohio State is the first team in the history of football to be a unanimous preseason #1. Hard to argue, considering how well they played at the end of 2014 and how much they have returning.
Jon Wilner, Kirk Bohls, Mike Sorensen, Rustin Dodd, Sam McKewon and Tom D'Angelo have just six SEC teams on their ballots.
Adam Zucker, Bob Asmussen, Dave Reardon, Doug Doughty, Ed Daigneault, Ed Johnson, Garland Gillen, Jay Binkley,, John Shinn, , Scott Wolf and Tom Murphy have nine SEC teams on their ballots.
Gumps & Bammers
Jeff Seidel, Jim Polzin, John Shinn, Ken Medlin and Scott Wolf have Alabama at #2.
Ed Daigneault, Garland Gillen, Joey Knight,, Mike Sorensen, Rustin Dodd, Sam McKewon, Sam Werner and Tom D'Angelo have Bama at #6.
Daniel Berk, Jimmy Burch and Robert Cessna have Bama at #7.
John Adams has Bama at #8.
Brett McMurphy and Kirk Bohls have Bama at #9.
Oddities at #2
Jon Wilner has Notre Dame at #2.
Dave Reardon has Michigan State at #2.
Garland Gillen has USC at #2.
Mitch Vingle has LSU at #2.
Adam Zucker, Eric Avidon and Auburn at #2.have
Low on Auburn
Gary Smits has Auburn at #14; Joel Klatt has them at #16 and Sam McKewon has them at #21.
Top 15 Teams Left Off Ballots
Four Top 15 teams were left off of one ballot:
#11 Notre Dame were as high as #2, but Chad Crippe doesn't have them in his Top 25.
#13 UCLA was as high as #8, but Matt McCoy left the Bruins off his ballot.
#14 LSU was as high as #2 and #15 Arizona State got a seventh-place vote, but Kirk Bohls left both off of his ballot.
The AP Voters
- Adam Jude (@A_Jude), The Seattle Times
- Adam Zucker (@AdamZuckerCBS), CBS Sports Network
- Bob Asmussen (@BobAsmussen), Champaign News-Gazette
- Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia), The Post-Standard, Syracuse
- Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN), ESPN
- Brian Howell (@BrianHowell33), Daily Camera
- Chadd Cripe (@IDS_BroncoBeat), The Idaho Statesman
- Chris Murray (@MurrayRGJ), Reno Gazette-Journal
- Daniel Berk (@DSBerk), Arizona Daily Star
- Dave Reardon (@dave_reardon), Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- David Briggs (@DBriggsBlade), Toledo Blade
- Doug Doughty (@DoughtySports), Roanoke Times
- Doug Lesmerises (@DougLesmerises), Cleveland.com
- Duane Rankin (@DuaneRankin), Montgomery Advertiser
- Ed Daigneault (@EdDaigneault), Republican-American
- Ed Johnson, Albuquerque Journal
- Eric Avidon (@ericavidon), The MetroWest Daily News
- Eric Hansen (@EHansenNDI), The South Bend Tribune
- Garland Gillen (@garlandgillen), FOX 8, New Orleans
- Gary Horowitz (@GHorowitz), Statesman Journal
- Gary Smits (@gsmitter), Florida Times-Union
- Jay Binkley (@3guysinagarage), 610 Sports KCSP
- Jeff Seidel (@seideljeff), Detroit Free Press
- Jim Dunaway (@jimdunaway), CBS WIAT-TV
- Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ), Wisconsin State Journal
- Jimmy Burch (@jimmy_burch), Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Joel Klatt (@joelklatt), FOX Sports
- Joey Knight (@TBTimes_Bulls), Tampa Bay Times
- John Adams (@johnadamskns), Knoxville News Sentinel
- John Clay (@johnclayiv), Lexington Herald-Leader
- John Shinn (@john_shinn), The Norman Transcript
- Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline), San Jose Mercury News
- Josh Kendall (@JoshatTheState), The State, Columbia S.C.
- Keith Sargeant (@KSargeantNJ), NJ.com
- Ken Medlin (@kenmedlin), WRAL-TV, Raleigh, N.C.
- Kirk Bohls (@kbohls), Austin American-Statesman
- Laura Keeley (@laurakeeley), The News & Observer
- Marc Weiszer (@marcweiszer), Athens Banner-Herald
- Matt Charboneau (@mattcharboneau), The Detroit News
- Matt McCoy (@mattmccoywtvn), 610 WTVN-AM, Columbus, Ohio
- Michael Lev (@MichaelJLev), Orange County Register
- Mike Sands (@Mike_Sands), WLBT/Fox 40
- Mike Sorensen (@sorny8), Deseret News, Salt Lake
- Mitch Vingle (@MitchVingle), Charleston Gazette-Mail
- Nate Sandell (@Nsandell), 1500 ESPN Twin Cities
- Nathan Deen (@NathanDeenSMN), Savannah Morning News
- Pete DiPrimio (@pdiprimio), The Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
- Rob Long (@RobLongSports), WJFK-105.7
- Robert Cessna, Bryan-College Station Eagle
- Robert Gagliardi (@rpgagliardi), Wyoming Tribune Eagle
- Ross Dellenger (@DellengerAdv), The Advocate,Baton Rouge
- Rustin Dodd (@rustindodd), Kansas City Star
- Sam McKewon (@swmckewonOWH), Omaha World-Herald
- Sam Werner (@SWernerPG), Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Scott Hamilton (@ScottH_WSJ), Winston-Salem Journal
- Scott Wolf (@InsideUSC), Los Angeles Daily News
- Steve Batterson (@sbatt79), Quad City Times
- Steve Layman (@SteveLayman), WTVF-TV Nashville
- Tim Griffin (@TimGriffinBig12), San Antonio Express-News
- Tom D'Angelo (@tomdangelo44), Palm Beach Post
- Tom Murphy (@TomMurphyADG), Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock