With so much unknown about early contenders in the SEC-West, there are still a few knowns in this early season, and particularly about this matchup: Alabama and Ole' Miss have incredible defenses, potent offenses, and this game is for all practical purposes an SEC-West semifinal elimination bout.
Because of the high stakes involved, as well as the revenge factor at stake, Roll 'Bama Roll and Red Cup Rebellion have covered this one comprehensively.
In case you missed it:
- Podcast Rebellion: RBR Sits Down With Red Cup Rebellion: We joined RCR's weekly pod to give our impressions of this Tide team and to play devil's advocate as to how Alabama could possibly lose two in a row to the Rebels.
- Roll 'Bama Roll Audio: Red Cup Rebellion Answers RBR's Q&As: Zach Berry from RCR paid us a visit on Pigskin Playback, and spent 45 minutes answering some tough questions.
- The Jumbo Packages were heavily involved in reporting on practice minutiae as well as the ever-evolving Laremy Tunsil drama: Check 'em out here, here and here.
- Red Cup Rebellion faithful are, predictably, split on Tunsil's impact should he miss this one: wish-thinking and hand-wringing collide here, as RCR tells of the sordid deeds (we know about so far.) The best part of this is probably the comments. Rebels' fans are really pissed at Joe Cannon -- auto dealer and Ole Miss football alum (FFS.)
- Special Teams may decide this one. Numerical guru, Saxon, crunches your data on Tide Special Teams.
- The Cup thinks this one comes down to quarterback play, so they've broken down the passing game of both teams.
- While the Rebels think they've got the advantage behind Kelly, RCR has a humorous quick reminder of of the fate that has befallen the last 19 Ole Miss Quarterbacks to visit Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- It was an ugly weekend for a few teams in the SEC. However, most are in agreement that Alabama and Ole Miss have been impressive and are clearly among the league's top three. Parker has your SEC Power Poll, and CB breaks it down further Around the SEC.
- The Mothership even got in on the action. Per the FPI, this should be the game of the year.
- OWB breaks down the Ole Miss defense.
- Brent has scouted out the Rebel's offense.
- What do Saxon's numbers say? Take the Tide S/U, but the Rebels cover.
- As always, Parker has a fantastic film study of the two teams for you to dive deeper.
Coming up this morning, we have OWB's "Hope for the Best" and one final chin-wag with Red Cup Rebellion. Articles and links to follow.
It's going to be a helluva' game. Enjoy.