In our continuing efforts to make ours a more fun corner of the internet, and fresh on the heels of Alabama's dominating win against Wisconsin, it's time to exercise the space between your ears, as we present:
THE ROLL 'BAMA ROLL HAIKU CONTEST
The rules are very simple:
- Members of any SBN site can compete (so come strong, Alabama fans.)
- Profanity shall be exceedingly mild, if at all. For instance "damn" is acceptable in the context of the "Run the damn/dang ball, Lane" meme. #RTDBL. Let's not have an orgy of eff-bombs, okay?
- The haiku shall be limited to Alabama's offense and/or its dreamy offensive coordinator, Lane Kiffin. Player names are acceptable too; for, as we know, Derrick Henry and Kenyan Drake are a fantastic duo.
- If you see one you like, recommend it and/or comment upon it. Your feedback shall play a part in, though not be dispositive in, helping to determine the winner. The RBR editorial board will ultimately decide in a three-person vote to prevent cries of favoritism and/or ruthless tyranny (although I'd make one hell of a benevolent dictator.)
- The contest ends in Sunday, Sept. 13th at Noon Central. Winner to be announced later that week.
- Per SBN rules, I am require to inform you that 1. there are rules to the contest (see, infra,) and 2. there shall be a prize under $100.00 of value (see below.)
- Haiku shall conform to standard 5-syllable, 7-syllable, 5-syllable convention, like so:
Run the damn ball, Lane. / Beautiful beasts will prevail / Just call the right play.
What's at stake? This beautiful, meme-tacular button made by an RBR reader, Jonathan Morgan
My sister asked me to design a gameday button. Here's what I came up with #rolltide pic.twitter.com/Yh8R53UNMl— Jonathan Karate (@JonathanGMorgan) August 19, 2015
I own one, wore it yesterday, and it is as beautiful as you could imagine.
Good luck and get going.