The time of reckoning is at hand. It is #6 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama.
Although these two teams have only played eight times all-time, it feels like a historical rivalry already.
- Jan 1, 1942: Alabama 29 Texas A&M 21 - Playing in 20 degree temperature, Bama scored on a punt return, a scoop & score, and a pick-six for the Cotton Bowl win. Sound familiar?
- Jan 1, 1968: Texas A&M 20 Alabama 16 - Gene Stallings tops his mentor Paul W. Bryant in the Cotton Bowl. After the game, "Bear" picked up Stallings and carried him around the field.
- Sept 14, 1985: Alabama 23 Texas A&M 10 - Van Tiffin hits a school-record 57-yard field goal. Craig Turner and Mike Shula star for the Tide.
- Dec 1, 1988: Alabama 30 Texas A&M 10 - The infamous "Hurricane Bowl" make-up game. Current SEC head ref David Smith threw two touchdown passes for Alabama. Derrick Thomas had five sacks and recovered a fumble.
- Nov 10, 2012: Texas A&M 29 Alabama 24 - JFF throws up a prayer or two or three and has them all answered.
- Sept 14, 2013: Alabama 49 Texas A&M 42 - JFF's magic runs out.
- Oct 18, 2014: Alabama 59 Texas A&M 0 - The score probably says it all but just to add that Alabama scored on each of their first eight possessions. TAMU had 11 three and outs for the game.
- Oct 17, 2015: Alabama 41 Texas A&M 23 -
ran for 236 yards and two scores. Three pick-sixes for the defense.
With great success comes Verne and Gary on CBS at 2:30 CT. Live stream available HERE. This may be Unka Verne's last visit to Tuscaloosa as a broadcaster unless CBS picks up the Iron Bowl. The same goes for Lee Corso on ESPN GameDay.