I sometimes see snarky comments against people who follow 'Crootin in the comments section of these articles. But you keep coming back, dontcha? Why wouldn't you care about what the future of your favorite team is going to look like? Especially when the next kickoff is 215 days away. We're talkin' football, y'all! Lighten up!
Okay, off my soapbox. For your and dining and dancing pleasure, Brent and I have compiled our predictions of where some of the top recruits in the land will sign. If you disagree, let us have it! We have a full refund policy.
|Rashan Gary||Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)||DT||6'5"||251||27-stars||Michigan||Sleepover U|
|Ben Davis||Gordo HS, Gordo, AL||ILB||6'4"||235||5-stars||Alabama||Alabama|
|Lyndell Wilson||Carver Senior HS, Montgomery, AL||ILB||6'2"||230||5-stars||Alabama||Alabama|
|Mique Juarez||North HS, Torrance, CA||OLB||6'2"||235||5-stars||UCLA||UCLA|
|Jeffery Simmons||Noxubee County HS, Macon, MS||DE||6'4"||270||5-stars||Ole Miss||Ole Miss|
|Demetris Robertson||Savannah Christian Prep, Savannah, GA||ATH||6'1"||180||5-stars||Notre Dame||Georgia|
|Mecole Hardman Jr||Elbert County HS, Elberton, GA||ATH||5'11"||176||5-stars||Georgia||Georgia|
|Jack Jones||Polytechnic HS, Long Beach, CA||ATH||5'11"||175||5-stars||USC||So Cal|
|Derrick Brown||Lanier HS, Sugar Hill, Georgia||DT||6'4"||320||5-stars||Georgia||Georgia|
|Jonathan Kongbo||Arizona Western C.C., Yuma, Arizona||DE||6'6"||260||5-stars||Not Bama||Tenn|
|Terrell Hall||St. Johns College HS, Washington, DC||DE||6'5.5"||250||4-stars||Alabama||Alabama|
|A.J. Brown||Starkville HS, Starkville, MS||WR||6'1.5"||218||4-stars||Mississippi State||Mississippi State|
|Devin Asiasi||De La Salle HS, Concord, CA||TE||6'5"||253||4-stars||USC||UCLA|
|Landon Dickerson||South Caldwell HS, Hudson, NC||OG||6'5"||306||4-stars||Tennessee||FSU|
|Nigel Knott *
||Germantown High School, Madison, MS||CB||5'11"||174||4-stars||Ole Miss||Ole Miss|
|Nigel Warrior||Peachtree Ridge HS, Suwanee, GA||S||5'11.5"||184||5-stars||Tennessee||Tennessee|
|Jared Mayden||Sachse HS, Sachse, TX||CB||6'1"||190||4-stars||Alabama||Oklahoma|
|Michail Carter||Jackson HS, Jackson, GA||DT||6'3"||311||4-stars||Georgia||Georgia|
|Mykel Jones||Patterson HS, Patterson, LA||WR||6'0"||185||4-stars||Ole Miss||Alabama|
|Shyheim Carter||Kentwood HS, Kentwood, LA||CB||5'11.5"||183||4-stars||Alabama||Alabama|
|Ahmmon Richards||Wellington HS, Wellington, FL||ATH||6'2"||171||4-stars||Miami||Miami|
|Amir Rasul||Coral Gables Senior HS, Coral Gables, FL||RB||5'10.5"||190||4-stars||FSU||FSU|
|Dontavious Jackson||Alief Elsik HS, Houston, TX||ILB||6'1.5"||237||4-stars||Texas||Texas|
|Jeffrey McCulloch||Aldine Davis HS, Houston, Texas||LB||6'2"||235||4-stars||Texas||Texas|
|Brandon Stephens||Plano HS, Plano, Texas||RB||6'1"||205||3 stars||Texas A&M||Texas A&M|
|Irvin Smith||Brother Martin HS, New Orleans, LA||TE||6'4"||235||3 stars||Texas||Alabama|
|Sci Martin||McDonogh 35 Senior HS, New Orleans, LA||DE||6'3.5"||207||3 stars||TCU||TCU|
|Scott Lashley||West Point HS, West Point, Mississippi||OL||6'6"||298||3 stars||Mississippi State||Mississippi State|
|Jamar King *
||Mendocino C.C., Ukiah, California||DE||6'5"||285||3 stars||Alabama||anOSU|
|Joshua Jacobs||McLain HS, Tulsa, Oklahoma||RB||5'10"||200||3 stars||Oklahoma||Oklahoma|
|Kobe Jones||Starkville HS, Starkville, MS||DE||6'4"||270||3 stars||Mississippi State||Mississippi State|
|Vosean Joseph||Norland, Miami, FL||ILB||6'2"||207||3 stars||Florida||Florida|
|Robert Washington||East Gaston HS, Mount Holly, NC||RB||5'10"||215||3 stars||Alabama||Pitt|
|D'Vaughn Pennamon *
||Manvel HS, Manvel, TX||RB||5'11"||220||3 stars||Ole Miss||Texas A&M|
Jamar King, D'Vaughn Pennamon, and Nigel Knott are supposed to announce today.
Comments from Brent:
- I’m about 51%-49% on if Robertson comes to Bama or not. I ended up saying Notre Dame, but really unconfident. I can’t really get a good read on his intentions.
- I think we get Shyheim Carter, and one of either Nigel Knott or Jared Mayden. A lot of people predict Carter and Knott to go together, but I ended up going with Mayden because I think he’s going to want to be that guy that goes against what his family wants.
- I think we take one more running back, but was at a three way split between Jacobs, Washington, and D'Vaughn Pennamon. I ended up going with Washington because I like his style the best.
- I’m a little surprised about asking Cole to grayshirt. I thought for sure that the staff was expecting him to take over for Cole Mazza at long snapper. On top of that, there’s more roster/recruiting class space this time around than we normally have, so coach must be expecting a big haul on NSD, which means my projections are probably a bit conservative.
- As long as we get Ben Davis and Shyheim Carter, I will be happy with anything else that happens.
Comments from CB:
- I am really starting to really sour on Robertson. He is a phenomenal athlete but I am not crazy about how he has carried himself throughout this process.
- Nick Saban seems intent on grabbing one more tight end. That is why I went with Smith.
- I believe he wants one more running back and Washington might be the best shot from the list above. Otherwise, they may have to flip someone or go the juco route.
- Mykel Jones is from the same high school as Bama freshman Daylon Charlot - Patterson HS (Patterson, LA). That should help land him in T-town.
- Florida commit Vosean Joseph said Sunday he will choose between Bama and the Gators. That is something to keep an eye on.
- Alabama is positioned for a BIG chart-climbing NSD.