Technically, the 2016 NFL Combine for offensive linemen and running backs began on Tuesday with registration, orientation, and hospital pre-exam & x-rays. Wednesday was a day for measurements, medical examinations, media, and interviews with NFL teams.
Alabama has two two running backs and offensive linemen in this first grouping:
Ht/Wt: 6'3", 247 lbs
Hands: 8 3/4"
- "I was kind of shocked I was 247 this morning, but it'll go down by tonight. I don't really stay at that weight." Henry said his goal is weigh 241-242 pounds.
- Regarding the 40-yard dash: "I'm not doing any predictions. There's a number I know I wanna hit, but I'm not really gonna say it. I'm just gonna go out there and do my best."
- Of his second-round draft grade: "You just gotta let it fuel you. The only thing you can worry about is what you can control, and that's why you perform and compete and do the best you can do."
Ht/Wt: 6'4", 311 lbs
Arms: 33 5/8"
Hands: 9 5/8"
- On why he did not attend Senior Bowl: "I went back and forth on the decision for a while and ultimately, I felt that after a 15-game season - we played pretty well into January, Jan. 12 was when I think we got back to Tuscaloosa - the trade-off to going to the Senior Bowl versus another week of training when everybody else had two weeks of training ahead of me, it just wasn't a trade-off that I was willing to make. So I figured I have 15 games of game film that coaches can look at and then with the in-house interviews they can do, workouts they can do, that'd be a great time to do that."
- Kelly played center, guard and tackle at Lakota West (Ohio) High School: "...having the ability to play different positions and playing those in the past, whether it be high school or college, having the ability to get from a right-handed stance to a left-handed stance, I think it says a lot, and ultimately I think it has helped me throughout the process and I think it will continue to help me."
- Fans can pledge to donate for each bench press rep recorded by Kelly and former Auburn offensive lineman Shon Coleman. They are competing head-to-head to see who can raise the most money for wounded service members. Kelly is currently up $82 per rep versus $25.40 per rep for Coleman. Fans can pledge by visiting pledgeit.org/matchup/eaglefund-bench.
Ht/Wt: 6'0", 210 lbs
Arms: 30 3/4"
Hands: 8 3/4"
Ht/Wt: 6'5", 313 lbs
Hands: 9 3/4"
[UPDATE: No Bama players had assignments for Thursday. For full schedule, click here.]