Alabama will hold the 2016 Pro Day inside the Hank Crisp Indoor Practice Facility on Wednesday at 11am CT. Several coaches and representatives from around the NFL are anticipated to be on hand to scout out Crimson Tide seniors and two juniors.
LB - broad jump 8-5
RB - 6-0 7/8, 210; Not participating reportedly due to nagging injury.
TE - broad jump 8-9; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.86
RB (Jr.) - 6-2 1/2, 244; not running the 40.
OG - 6-5, 313; unofficial 40-yard dash 5.4
CB - 5-11, 199; vertical 32.5"
OC - 6-4 1/4, 313
DT - broad jump 8-1; bench 25 reps
LB - 6-3 5/8, 240; broad jump 9-5; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.68-4.77; bench 20 reps
WR - broad jump 9-3; unofficial 40-yard dash between a 4.45-4.55
FB - broad jump 8-7; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.82
DE - 6-2 1/8, 271; broad jump 9-2; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.89
LB - 6-1 3/4, 248; not running the 40.
DT - 6-3 1/2, 310
DT (Jr.) - 6-3 7/8, 312
DB - broad jump 9-3; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.35-4.44
DB - Sylve suffered a torn Achilles tendon yesterday. Alabama's Special Teams Player of the Year had a team-high nine special teams tackles this past season.
DB - broad jump 9-3; unofficial 40-yard dash 4.56
For those who participated in last month's NFL Combine, it is a chance to further impress and build draft stock. For those like Coker, Devall, Mullaney, and others, it is a chance to perhaps work their way into the draft. Plus, it is an opportunity for both player and coach to have more intimate one-on-one time. All of these participants at least have a shot at making their way onto teams as special teams players or practice squad at the back end of the NFL Draft or as free agents.
The SEC Network will have full coverage beginning at 11am through 2pm CT. Tom Luginbill, Marcus Spears, Kevin Weidl provide studio analysis. Former Tide quarterback Greg McElroy reports from on-site.
NFL Network will also have coverage.
- All 32 NFL Teams have representatives present.
- Jaguars' T.J. Yeldon, Buffalo's Marcell Dareus, and newly re-signed Dolphin Christion Jones are in the house!
- Head Coaches Bill Belichick (Patriots) and Chuck Pagano (Colts) are in attendance. The SEC Network said Sean Payton (Saints) was there but I did not see him. However, he was seen in Tuscaloosa last week.
- Also present: Steelers DB Coach Carnell Lake, New Orleans defensive coordinator Dennis Allen and defensive line coach Bill Johnson, Jags scout Tim Mingey, Bengals DC Paul Guenther.
- You can hear Scott Cochran!
- Former Bama tight end Brian Vogler warming up with Coker.
- Derrick Henry did not disappoint with another excellent showing. He also got a chance to show off his receiving skills.
- Jarran Reed looked really good. He was so quick and nimble he looked like a running back. I can't imagine him slipping out of the first round.
- As expected, Ryan Kelly, Reggie Ragland, and A'Shawn Robinson all impressed.
- Cyrus Jones had a great workout and likely helped his draft stock.
- Dillon Lee also had a really good workout and should see himself drafted in a later round.
- We found out why Jake Coker did not run the 40. He has two screws in his foot that will be taken out next week, so he did not participate in the runs or jumps. He did, however, do positional drills that saw him throw the ball very well and with good accuracy. He may need to do some private workouts for potential in the near future if he wants to get drafted.
@CB969onRBR just FYI: Michael Nysewander stats today.— Wade Smith (@wadebsmith) March 9, 2016
40 yrd dash - 4.67
Vertical - 27.5
Bench - 19 reps at 225lbs