Coach Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide hit the practice field Wednesday, marking its 10th session of the spring. Saban has address the press multiple times in regards to moving pieces along the Tide's offensive line and secondary. More of it was made known during its efforts in partly-cloudy to windy, 77-degree weather.
Observations from Wednesday's practice
- Defensive linemen Dalvin Tomlinson and Da'Shawn Hand were both absent. Tomlinson is usually heading the group in position drills with Jonathan Allen.
- Eddie Jackson, who had been confined to a stationary exercise bike for much of the spring, donned a crimson jeresy and lined up at safety during Alabama's nickel package.
- Marlon Humphrey was limited Monday, but the redshirt sophomore was back in action Wednesday. He was spotted opposite Minkah Fitzpatrick at cornerback in the nickel.
- Linebackers Reuben Foster, Rashaan Evans and Ryan Anderson would make up the first-team look. Foster and Evans worked inside, while Anderson lined up outside.
- The remainder of the team's nickel defense had Ronnie Harrison at safety and Maurice Smith at Star, a position in which Saban said he's been getting some reps at.
- First-team offensive line (left to right): Korren Kirven, Lester Cotton, Ross Pierschbacher, Brandon Kennedy and Jonah Williams.
- Second-team offensive front (left to right): Bradley Bozeman, Dallas Warmack, J.C. Hassenauer, Alphonse Taylor and Matt Womack.
- Quarterback and wide receiver lines remain the same: Cooper Bateman and David Cornwell heading the group, Blake Barnett behind Bateman and Jalen Hurts behind Cornwell.
- Calvin Ridley and ArDarius Stewart continue to lead wide-outs through drills.