It might be unfair to say that SEC football has dipped since Mike Slive retired and milksop Greg Sankey took over but here goes: “SEC football has dipped since Mike Slive retired and milksop Greg Sankey took over.” Alabama football is as strong if not at its peak fitness of all time, but the rest of the league is floundering. I cannot imagine Nick Saban will get anything other than softball questions. The rest of this motley crew needs some interrogation, and it starts at the top.
- What to Expect - Question raised above about the brown-outs around the SEC outside the 35401 zip code.
- What Not Expect but should be asked - Question regarding Sankey’s pathetic weak handling of the LSU-Florida hurricane debacle from last season.
- What to Expect - Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M and others need to figure out who is gonna take the snaps on Saturdays this fall. Even Georgia might have some questions.
- What Not Expect - Will anyone DARE to broach this subject with Saban?
THE EARLY SIGNING DATE
- What to Expect - Several SEC coaches have already and will continue to criticize this poorly thought out decision by the NCAA. The signing period will last 72 hours, beginning Dec. 20 and running through Dec. 22.
- What Not Expect - Anyone brave enough to laud it knowing Saban hates it.
HUGH FREEZE’S SHENANIGANS
- What to Expect - Some reporter(s) will be brave enough to open up this discussion. Freeze will act all innocent and try to play the victim of the mean ol’ NCAA.
- What Not Expect - Anyone playing hardball and calling Freeze on his BS.
TEXAS A&M AD BASICALLY SAYING SUMLIN NEEDS TO WIN OR ELSE
- What to Expect - Since Scott Woodward brought it up, it is fair game to ask Kevin Sumlin what he thinks about the comments his boss made in late May.
- What Not Expect - Sumlin to get cocky and shoot off his mouth.
SAME OL’ SAME OL’
- What to Expect - The NCAA adopted a new set of rules governing contact between coaches and recruits, satellite camps, the size of assistant coaching staffs, etc., etc., etc. Expect several of the same questions from last year but phrased slightly different.
- What Not Expect - Anyone happy about any of it.
TRANSFER & GRAD-TRANSFER RULES
- What to Expect - Someone might be brave enough to bring this up to Saban and Florida coach Jim McElwain without actually saying the names Blake Barnett and Will Grier respectively.
- What Not Expect - Someone ANYONE calling out Georgia coach Kirby Smart for his “recruitment” of former Alabama safety Maurice Smith who grad-transferred to UGA.
THE BIG BOMBSHELL STORY
- What to Expect - Rhetoric of bland answers to banal questions.
- What Not Expect - A big bombshell story.