It is upon once more — Alabama’s Fan Day, also known as Fan Appreciation Day. But, you can just call it the Running of the Gumps. Football season is so close now.
Here’s how to get in on the action.
Saturday, August 5, 2017
Bryant-Denny Stadium, University of Alabama campus
Autographs & Photographs:
Free, but fans are limited to one (1) signed item and absolutely no posed pictures will be allowed. Get in, grab your John Hancock, and then move to another line or table.
Entrance, Seating, Itinerary (Central, all times approximate ):
At 1:00 p.m. wristbands will be distributed. First 150 fans will get priority for the autograph sessions
Fans can enter the stadium at 1:30 p.m. through Gate 12, 16, 45. Seating is limited to the lower bowl only, Sections AA-NN.
The open practice will begin at 2:30 p.m. and will last about two hours. That said, there are sometimes delays before beginning the autograph session, such as happened in 2015
- Autograph signing will commence at 4:45 p.m. and will last for 45 minutes, with all activities wrapped up by 5:30 p.m.
- Coach Saban’s table will be in the North End zone (Inside of the goal line)
- Offense and Special Teams will be on the East sideline
- Defense will be on the West sideline
Enter and exit through Gate 12, 16, 45
Enter through Gate 25 to reach the field. You will exit through Gate 45.
If you do not want to watch the open practice, and want to begin queuing up for the running of the Gumps, you can do so beginning at 1:00 p.m. You will enter through Gate 25.
Traffic is still a disaster, with multiple areas of construction on 20/59 both directions, and 59 both directions, as well as miscellaneous construction throughout the city. That said, it’s not quite as bad as it was a year ago.
Fan Day parking is located in and around the two parking decks at West ten Hoor Hall. There is also surface parking and surface lot parking.
No special accommodations are made for RVs on campus: RVs are to park at the Northington Lot near University Mall on 15th Street and McFarland Boulevard.
First-come parking is located at the Communications and Wallace Wade Lots.
- Children can join the Big Al Kids Club at Gates 12 and 16.
- Everyone is eligible to enroll in Crimson Tide Rewards. That is usually located on the East side of BDS, near Gate 45.
- Concessions will be available in a very limited number of stands on the West side.
- Centerplate will have merchandise for sale at Gate 19.
BBVA Compass will be giving away Alabama football posters for free at any entrance to the stadium.
- If practice must start at Hank Crisp Indoor Facility, then it will be closed to the public. The autograph session will then take place at the Indoor Facility at the scheduled time.
- If bad weather strikes while practice is in session, the team will move to Hank Crisp (again, closed to the public.) Autographs will take place there at the scheduled time.