What does the most decorated high school running back in history do (12,124 yards, 153 touchdowns?) According to him, his encore would be a Heisman Trophy.
But, after he went to the University of Alabama, he did so much more: unseating legendary Shaun Alexander, Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram at Alabama, and then obliterate Herschel Walker’s 35-year old records from the books.
The list of records King Henry set in his Alabama career, especially duringthe magical 2015 Heisman run, are, in their strictest definition, awesome.
- Became the first SEC player to rush for 2000 yards
- Set an Alabama record for rushing attempts in a game (46, Auburn)
- Set an SEC and Alabama record for rushing yards in a season (2219) obliterating Walker’s 1891 rushing yards in 1980.
- Tied Mark Ingram for career rushing touchdowns (42)
- Set Alabama’s record for career rushing yards (3591)
- Brought home the University’s second Heisman Trophy, and
- Broke the Alabama and SEC record for rushing touchdowns in a season (28)
The word “special” does not even begin to cover the depth of Henry’s talent and the accomplishments he’s reached during his young life. Mission accomplished.
28 days ‘til Alabama football.