Outside of a certain former extra point kicker who we will no longer speak of, the Crimson Tide has been pretty flawless in the first half against a pretty decent Sun Belt team. Nobody expected Arkansas State to challenge the Tide but Red Wolves have been dominated.
Despite all the noise this week, both Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts shared time under center and both looked fantastic. Hurts took a hard hit at the goal line and fumbled the ball but you have to appreciate the effort he was making on that run.
- Touchdown receptions scored by Jerry Jeudy (2), DeVonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, and Irv Smith.
- Alabama’s first quarter punt was the first drive this season that resulted in a punt with Tua Tagovailoa at QB. There was a second punt late in the second with the Tide up 40-0.
- Alabama got their third non-offensive touchdown of the year when Saivion Smith made an athletic interception in the backfield and took it to the house. The defense almost had a second on a near pick-six by Xavier McKinney.
- All-Sun Belt QB Justice Hansen was just 12 of 28 for 97 yards. All-conference WR Justin McInnis caught two balls for 20 yards.
- ASU was 1-10 on third down conversions.
- Isaiah Buggs went down for a moment but seems to be okay. Outside of that, there appears to be no injuries for the Tide.
- Nick Saban told the ESPN2 sideline reporter “we want to score every time” and “we have some things to clean up.” I love that guy.
On to the second half. Remember, please NO Tweets, jpgs, gifs, etc. We ask these things because it slows down load times.