Sorry we are late, we had some technical difficulties but still want to get the latest notes for you. Alas, it will be short and sweet today:
- The practice report is about 150 words long. D.J. Dale and Henry Ruggs III were held out of drill work, which is probably a good idea. At this point we expect both to play in College Station but will keep an eye out.
- Saban held his only press conference of the bye week. His main focus was on each player getting better. When asked about the defense playing so many snaps, he talked about the need to get off the field on third down, blaming a failure to contain the QB scramble in particular.
- Saban has nothing to say about the current events surrounding pay for play legislation.
- BamaOnline and BamaInsider ($$ for both) report that 5-star WR Rakim Jarrett, currently committed to LSU, will be visiting for the Arkansas game. Jarrett played against Bryce Young on ESPNU on September 27. The hope is that Young’s commitment will help sway him.
- Michael Casagrande discusses the bend-don’t-break nature of the defense thus far in terms of allowing yards but not many big plays, and Xavier McKinney isn’t hearing it.
- Three-star OL Xavier Hill decommitted from Alabama. Odds are very strong that there simply wasn’t going to be room for him.
That’s about it for today. We are singing the bye week blues. Have a great Thursday.