The NCAA has announced the 64 team field for the NCAA Softball tournament. The Crimson Tide (52-7) was rewarded the eighth seed despite being ranked third and fourth by the three softball polls, a position they have held for most of the past month.
The 8-seed means Alabama will also be able to host a Super regional, should they win the double-elimination regional. Only the top eight are given that privilege. Frankly, this is a slap in the face of the SEC Champions. To think they were one spot away from NOT being in that position is appalling. Here’s hoping they use this as motivation.
Should Alabama win their regional, they will face off the following weekend against the winner of the Texas Longhorns regional which also includes Texas A&M. Tickets for the Tuscaloosa Regional are now available.
Here is the rundown of seeded teams:
- Florida State
- Florida - Bama defeated the Gators three out of four times this season. The one loss was the a 2-1 squeaker in the SEC Tournament Championship Game.
- Arizona - The Crimson Tide trounced the Wildcats on their home field back in February 6-1.
- Minnesota - Alabama went 2-0 against the Golden Gophers this season.
- Ole Miss
- Oklahoma State
Six SEC teams will host a regional. All 13 SEC teams made the 64-team field.
- Auburn heads out west to play in the Arizona regional.
- Mississippi State to the Washington regional.
- Georgia to the Minnesota regional.
- Arkansas to the Oklahoma State regional.
- Mizzou to the UCLA regional.
- South Carolina to the FSU regional.
For the full bracket, click here.
Hey @AlabamaSB the last time the haters picked us 8th we finished 1st. I’m just saying...— Jordan Patterson (@jpatt2492) May 13, 2019
Um.... we swept Florida in Gainesville and beat Arizona in Tucson... SEC Regular season champs... are you kidding right now???— Haylie McCleney (@hayliemac8) May 13, 2019
Y’all ready? 8 seems to be a great number for us ️ pic.twitter.com/PtoMQkGO2w— Kendall Beth Sides (@SidesKendall) May 13, 2019