The 2019 football season is underway, and with it comes a new opportunity at Roll ‘Bama Roll. We’re looking for the site’s next manager.
If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love Alabama and the community we’ve built here at Roll ‘Bama Roll. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Alabama storylines and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
This is a part-time, remote, contract position compensated with a monthly stipend.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for Alabama and will already be familiar with Roll ‘Bama Roll.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Previous writing and/or management experience is preferred.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you want to join our team at Roll ‘Bama Roll, and a sports-related writing sample. All items must be submitted via the Vox Media Careers page. Your application will not be considered if you do not submit all three items.
If you have questions about this opportunity or the application process, reach out to Jeanna Thomas, Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, at email@example.com.
Roll ‘Bama Roll and SB Nation are committed to bringing you Alabama coverage from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your background and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.