The deadline for third year college players to forgo any further eligibility and declare for the 2020 NFL Draft has expired. A few unexpected returns to college for players such as Najee Harris may not be so surprising considering an unofficial record number of underclassmen have declared for the draft. Including supplemental picks allocated between the ends of round 3 through 7, a total of 255 picks will be made this April. If you consider that every FBS team has around ten seniors and add in various FCS seniors, that will leave several disappointed players not hearing their names called.
Alabama has six underclassmen who have declared, all of whom are expected to be drafted. Five of these former Crimson Tide players have a chance of being selected in the first round. None of the five are expected to fall beyond the second round.
- Jerry Jeudy - First-round grade from the NFL draft advisory committee, signed with super-agent Leigh Steinberg.
- Jedrick Wills Jr. - Signed with Nicole Lynn of Young Money APAA - aka Lil Wayne’s agency.
- Tua Tagovailoa - First-round grade, signed with super-agent Leigh Steinberg.
- Xavier McKinney - First-round grade from the NFL draft advisory committee; no agent announcement yet.
- Henry Ruggs III - Second-round grade from the NFL draft advisory committee; no agent announcement yet.
- Terrell Lewis - Signed with SIG Sports - also reps Anfernee Jennings, Ryan Anderson, Josh Jacobs. Likely drafted somewhere between the third and fifth rounds.
Yetur Gross-Matos, edge rusher
San Diego State
The Scouting Combine begins on Monday, Feb. 24.