Alabama added another individual award to the case as Najee Harris joined Texas A&M QB Kellen Mond as SEC Offensive Players of the Week. It was quite a night for Najee.
Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
• The senior running back turned in a career game in a 63-48 win at Ole Miss with 248 all-purpose yards
.• Rushed for a career-high five touchdowns, tying Shaun Alexander and Santonio Beard’s school record
.• Rushed for a career-best 206 yards on 23 carries for an average of 9.0 yards per carry.
• Scored on runs of 5, 33, 3, 16 and 39 yards.
• Also caught three passes for 42 yards and averaged 9.5 yards per touch (26 for 248).
• Recorded eight explosive plays of at least 12 yards, six rushes and two receptions.
• Converted seven first downs on the ground and three more through the air.
• His 10 rushing touchdowns through three games is the most in the SEC in at least the last 15 seasons
Congratulations to him on a well deserved honor.